What happens to systolic blood pressure during exercise?
Question 1 of 20
Which of the following is not a function of the cardiovascular system?
Question 2 of 20
Which component of blood is responsible for clotting open wounds?
Question 3 of 20
What happens to the blood vessels to help a performer cool down during exercise?
Question 4 of 20
What is the name of the blood vessel being shown by the green arrow?
Question 5 of 20
6. The alveoli are tiny air sacs found in the lungs. What are the alveoli surrounded by?
Question 6 of 20
7. The redistribution of blood flow during exercise allows oxygenated blood to get to active areas of the body. The redistribution of blood flow is also known as what?
Question 7 of 20
During a tennis match, the redistribution of blood flow will take place. Vasoconstriction will occur in the arteries leading to which area?
Question 8 of 20
Which chamber of the heart is being shown by the green arrow?
Question 9 of 20
What is the role of white blood cells?
Question 10 of 20
What is the liquid part of blood known as?
Question 11 of 20
The green arrow shown above is pointing to the Vena Cava. The blood being received by the Vena Cava is coming from where?
Question 12 of 20
13. What percentage of exhaled air is made up by carbon dioxide?
Question 13 of 20
What is being shown in the graph?
Question 14 of 20
What happens to tidal volume during exercise?
Question 15 of 20
What is the orange arrow pointing to?
Question 16 of 20
17. What is the 'greatest amount of air that can be made to pass into or out of the lungs'?
Question 17 of 20
This is a muscle that contracts and flattens in order to allow the lungs to expand during inspiration. What is it?
Question 18 of 20
19. Haemoglobin binds to oxygen, but where is it found?
Question 19 of 20
20. Diffusion occurs at the site of the alveoli and at the site of the muscle tissue? Why does diffusion occur?
Question 20 of 20