Course Title – Improving Attainment in GCSE PE
Who is this course aimed at – Teachers of AQA, Edexcel or OCR GCSE PE who are interested in analysing the set-up of their GCSE PE course and teaching methods with the aim of improving attainment in 2020 and beyond
Added Bonus – All teachers attending this course will be given access to a one year subscription to a GCSE PE Resource Package at The PE Classroom – worth £249. To find out what this will include, become a trial member (completely free) and check out our GCSE PE page. (If you are already a member at the site your following year’s membership will be free).
Course Timings – 9.00am-3.30pm
Dates and Locations:
London – Tuesday 7th July 2020
Birmingham – Wednesday 8th July 2020
Manchester – Thursday 9th July 2020
Dubai – Tuesday 25th August
What will be covered?
- Analysing the set-up of your course and looking closely at the ideal ratio of theory-practical lessons, how often to implement assessment and when to introduce the coursework component without disrupting exam preparation and learning.
- Taking a close look at answers to higher mark questions (e.g. 9 marks/6 marks) and how pupils can use simple yet effective techniques to improve their responses.
- Direct Instruction v Self-Discovery. Examining teaching methods to ensure that pupils are being taught both creatively, but directly to the specification
- Exploring ways to incorporate practical elements into the theory side of the course
- Implementing layered learning to ensure that previously learned content is constantly being revised throughout the course
- Using The PE Classroom to complement your teaching and assessment methods
Cost: £299 per person
For further information on this course please contact us, or sign up using the contact form below.