The video above sees Heston Blumenthal discussing the importance of considering diet for sportsmen and women. After watching the above video have a go at completing the table below.
Extension – Also consider the timing of different food components. How would each performer utilise the intake of food before and during an event.
Each week we post ‘Starter activities’ for pupils to discuss and debate during lessons. The content will always link to GCSE and A Level Physical Education courses.
The most recent Starter activities can be found on The PE Classroom Home Page. A list of all of the starters can also be found below. Also check out our GIFs For Learning page which acts as a great starter/recap tool.
- Obese Vunipola or outdated BMI?
- Mickelson in a mood at the US Open
- Nadal’s French Open Dominance
- Altitude Training – Who does it benefit?
- Are females under-represented in elite sport?
- The decreasing tenure of Premier League Managers
- Is marathon running bad for you?
- How Amsterdam is tackling childhood obesity
- Russia Grand Prix looks to reinstate Grid Girls
- Australia’s Troublesome Tamperers
You must log in to post a comment.