Billy Vunipola is over 20 stone and the BMI scale would classify him as obese. Is this the case? What is the BMI scale not taking into account? Discuss the attributes that make him such a great player and also any disadvantages of being this weight.
Each week we post ‘Starter activities’ for pupils to discuss and debate during lessons. The content will always link to GCSE and A Level Physical Education courses.
The most recent Starter activities can be found on The PE Classroom Home Page. A list of all of the starters can also be found below. Also check out our GIFs For Learning page which acts as a great starter/recap tool.
- Obese Vunipola or outdated BMI?
- Mickelson in a mood at the US Open
- Nadal’s French Open Dominance
- Altitude Training – Who does it benefit?
- Are females under-represented in elite sport?
- The decreasing tenure of Premier League Managers
- Is marathon running bad for you?
- How Amsterdam is tackling childhood obesity