Phil Mickelson caused controversy this week as he chose to deliberately hit a moving ball at the US Open. The video above shows this controversial act and the video below shows Mickelson trying to defend his actions:
Deviance? Gamesmanship? A player taking advantage of the rules or completely disrespecting the sport and the occasion? Lots of discussion to be had for this one!
Each week we post ‘Starter activities’ for pupils to discuss and debate during lessons. The content will always link to GCSE and A Level Physical Education courses.
The most recent Starter activities can be found on The PE Classroom Home Page. A list of all of the starters can also be found below. Also check out our GIFs For Learning page which acts as a great starter/recap tool.
- Nadal’s French Open Dominance
- Altitude Training – Who does it benefit?
- Are females under-represented in elite sport?
- The decreasing tenure of Premier League Managers
- Is marathon running bad for you?
- How Amsterdam is tackling childhood obesity
- Russia Grand Prix looks to reinstate Grid Girls
- Australia’s Troublesome Tamperers
1 thought on “Mickleson in a Mood at the US Open”
Pingback: Obese Vunipola or outdated BMI? – The PE Classroom
You must log in to post a comment.